Daniela Carletti, sculptress and painter born in Ferrara, northern Italy, started to be interested in art at the end of the seventies. That was the time when she began to attend a painting, watercolor, sculpting and graphic private fine art school in her town, whose teachers were much talented artists.
She experimented with different materials like: clay to realize terracotta sculptures similar to the ones of Henry Moore, resin and fiberglass for more abstract sculptures, wire and plaster for anthropomorphic figures.
Since the nineties the nature in its most humble aspect became the main source of her work, a nature made of reeds and wild herbs you can find along rivers and ditches, everywhere they were not cut by human hands. She picked up and through a personal procedure reproduced them with hard plaster on special tissue (tarlatan). After many solo and group exhibitions, in 2007 she participated in the 4th International Symposium of painting in Odessa (UKR) and in an art exhibition at the Museum of Eastern and Western Art.
After having attended a graphic school (Laboratori Liberi) near Urbino, Italy, she started experimenting with an original use of Japanese paper on large canvas, representing a more dynamic and wild nature made of leaves, butteflies, herons, orchids, owls, hummingbirds.
In 2011 she was invited to the Biennial of Venice, 54th International Art Exhibition. Since 2013 she has held many solo and group art exhibitions in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, (United Arab Emirates), curated by Swiss Art Gate UAE Dubai and Artissima Art Gallery Dubai, participating later in many exhibitions in public and private galleries in Italy and abroad.
Since 2017 she continues to make sculpture with iron wire and hard plaster, three-dimensional painting with hard plaster relief, and acrylic color painting.
She says of her work:
"My poetry is expressed by the representation of nature in search of beauty, harmony and balance. I think I have nostalgia for a time when human beings lived in direct communication with nature. I can't explain in any other way my compulsive need to represent it. My sculptures are often inspirated by mythological figures. In them the perfect vision between man and nature takes place. The myths of the past help us to investigate our present. Thus the great winged figure entitled "Verso la libertà - toward freedom" represents man's aspiration to cross over other worlds, whether phisical or metaphisical. In "Dafne" we can recognize the threat that binds us to nature with the metamorphosis of the woman into a tree. With painting I look for light, color and lightness and I would like to share the emotions I feel in creating my works. I just follow my inspiration, there is no much planning; the different materials I use show me the way. In the various steps of processing, all senses are involved, acting in synergy with the mind and the heart, showing me where to go. Creating an artwork is like taking a journey into the mysterious and unknown world that is within myself."
• Artissima Art Gallery - Dubai
• Swiss Art Gate UAE - Dubai
• Cloister Galleria d'Arte - Ferrara
• ArteMea Advisory - London/Venice
Exhibitions from 2010|
• Pink, Charbon Art Café, Budapest
• Be**Part, Atelier Montez, Roma
• Sensum III Edition 2020, IkiGai Art Gallery, Roma
• Giardino di gesso, Studio d'Arte Paola Bonora, Ferrara-Solo
• Nature Utopia, Spazio Faro Galleria d'Arte, Roma
• Art Festival 2020, Cultural Center, Umm Al Quwain-Emirati Arabi Uniti
• L'orizzonte visibile, Galleria del Carbone, Ferrara
• Nature Breath, Ag Generali Ferrara-Solo
• Arte in Studio, by ArteMea Art Consultant & Serena Cassissa, Milano
• Into the Wild-Nelle Terre Selvagge, Cloister Galleria d'Arte, Ferrara-Solo
• Arte e Moda in Villa, Villa Saraceni, Frassinelle-Rovigo-Solo
• In memory of Borys Aydin, 2th International Plastic Art Exhibition, Binali Yildirim University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Erzincan (TR)
• Sensum, Club 55 Pigneto, Roma
• Matrice del Paradiso, Pinacoteca Civica, San Severino Marche
• Wandering-Girovagando, Cloister Galleria d'Arte, Ferrara-Solo
• Ai Mulini, Galleria del Carbone, Ferrara
• Equus & Folium, Emirates Palace, Mezzaluna, curated by Swiss Art Gate UAE, Abu Dhabi (UAE) - duo exhibition
• In den Maandern der Schonheit, Deutschen Hirtenmuseum, Hersbruck
• Luce nell'Arte, Arte nella Luce, Centro Puecher, Milano (I) - Solo exhibition
• Dodici Contemporaneamente 2a edizione: "Perimetri, prospettive, vie di fuga", mostra Internazionale a cura del MAC, Veroli (I)
• Women with their own light, Artissima Art Gallery, Dubai (UAE)
• Attraversare mondi, Cloister Galleria d'Arte, Ferrara (I) - Solo exhibition
• Tracce e segmenti, Cloister Galleria d'Arte, Ferrara (I)
• Voli di luce, Poltrona Frau e Hotel Annunziata, Ferrara (I) - Solo exhibition
• Sulla via degli aironi, Museo Magi '900, Pieve di Cento -Bo- (I) - Solo exhibition
• Sentire il viaggio, OnArt Gallery, Firenze (I)
• Gemellaggio d'Arte Firenze-Fès, Palazzo Rosselli del Turco Sede dell'European School of Economics, Firenze (I)
• ArtUAE 5th Edition, Armani Oasi, Burji Khalifa, Dubai (UAE)
• Inspiring Collections, Sharjah University, College of Fine Arts and Design, in collaboration with Artissima Art Gallery-Dubai, Sharjah (UAE)
• Equilibri, Chie Art Gallery, Milano (I)
• Center of Ministry of Culture in Umm al Quwain,a cura di Artissima Art Gallery-Dubai (UAE)
• La Leda perduta: una collezione ferrarese - Divagazioni su un mito nel centenario di Michelangelo Buonarroti a cura di Lucio Scardino, Camerini del Principe, Castello Estense, Ferrara (I)
• Ajman Saray Hotel, Ajman (Emirati Arabi Uniti) a cura di Artissima Art Gallery-Dubai (UAE)
• Metamorphosis, Artissima Art Gallery, Dubai (UAE) - Solo exhibition
• Inland, Spazio Espositivo Banca Mediolanum, Ferrara (I) - Solo exhibition
• Metamorphosis, Emirates Palace, Mezzaluna, a cura Swiss Art Gate UAE, Abu Dhabi (UAE) - Solo exhibition
• Le farfalle ci sono ancora? Rassegna "Incontri d'Autore" a cura di Lucia Boni e Paolo Volta, Galleria del Carbone, Ferrara (I) - Solo exhibition
• Ferrara in Nurnberg, Kreis Galerie am Germanischen Nationalmuseum, Nurnberg (D)
• In ordine sparso, Galleria Rosso Cinabro, Roma (I)
• Georgia Berlin Galerie, Berlino (D)
• L'ultima foglia d'autunno sulla via dell'elfo, Palazzo Bellini, Comacchio -Fe- (I) - Solo exhibition
• Biennale di Venezia, 54a Esposizione Internazionale d'Arte, Padiglione Italia - regione Emilia-Romagna, Chiostri di San Pietro, Reggio Emilia (I)
• Creature dei fossi, Poltrona Frau e Hotel Annunziata, Ferrara (I) - Solo exhibition
• Le Vie del Vento, Galleria Il Ponte, Pieve di Cento -Bo (I) - Solo exhibition
• Il gioco delle Stagioni, Rocca di Cento, Cento-Fe (I) - Solo exhibition